Winter Presents: Bloomington, a midwest themed map.
Rivers cut through gentle plains. Dense stands of Oak, Birch, and Pine line the water. Large tracts of cleared fertile land are ideal for a rural farming community, or make use of the gentle landscape to build a bustling metropolis.
– Interstate and local highway connections
– Railway connections
– Plane connections
– All the fertile land
– Ore and Oilhttps://modsfile.com/dudic8lfhky4/winterxo-Bloomington-1.1.2.zip.html
– Electricity, Water, and Sewage outside connections
– Full worldmap
– To install this custom map, place the “.cok” and “.cok.cid” files in the following directory:
– %UserProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\Colossal Order\Cities Skylines II\Maps
This project was started as a result of wanting to do a rural plains build and not being able to find quite what I was looking for from pre-existing or default maps. Everything either lacked a worldmap, had a prominant coastline, or included mountains. I wanted a more inland setting without mountains looming in the distance. And so this map was born. There is some terrain variation, but it is so gentle the map is effectively flat. There is no sea coastline in this map, and thus no water shipping connections exist. There should be room for a water shipping line where the river widens to a lake in the southwest corner if you would like to add one. Based on a modified pair of heightmaps from the Illinois river somewhere to the southwest of Chicago.